Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Nev jumper


So, the Secret Santa swap on Ravelry brought me four big fat skeins of blueberry aran from New Lanark, and my totally unsecret, wrote me a cheque because she loves me and hates shopping, mother brought me a set of Harmony interchangeables. Put the two of them together, add in yet another trip to Get Knitted and the end result is a jumper that looks like it was navy until a small boy started eating strawberry jam sandwiches. Perfect for Isaac, especially as he has a deep and abiding love for Nev
The pattern is the Knitting Pure and Simple childrens neckdown pullover, but I'm planning on adapting the neckline and ribbing instead of the rolled cuffs, because I'm like that. And also I know Isaac doesn't love tight things around his neck, and I want him to wear this sweater forever and ever and ever. In two and a half years of knitting, this is the first thing I've made for him to wear, so I want to get it right. I don't know WHAT ribbing yet, but I'll figure it out. I'm considering intarsia-ing in a picture of the aforementioned bear as well, if I can find enough blue yarn in my stash. What do you think? Overkill? Or sweet?

1 comment:

Cinnamonamon said...

sweet -- he'll love it! ;) just don't pull my newb mistake & chart it on regular graph paper... ;)