Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The hat



I cast off my to-be-gifted article for the UK swap at the weekend, and it has to be said, I'm loving it- the pattern, anyhow. It's Rose Red by Ysolda Teague, available through ravelry, and an extremely fun knit. I think I'm going to cast on for one myself before next winter. Knit in Debbie Bliss cashmerino, smallest size, knitted from the top down and I used a sewn bind-off. There are going to be other handmade goodies to go with it, but probably this is it for knitting.

Oh, and my beloved Salvation Army came up trumps yet again with a vintage copy of Mary Poppins to use as a blocking tool. They've been very good to me recently- I sit here surrounded by someone else's half-finished crocheted doilies and some exceptionally vintage pillowcases for the princely sum of 50p. No teapot yet, but you can't have everything, can you?

1 comment:

Cassie said...

OMG I LUB THIS! So beautiful.