Friday, March 07, 2008

Spoilt rotten


My Magic Ball came today :) It arrived home shortly after I did, newborn in arms, toddler in the buggy, wrap sling in the house, boys stroppy and awkward and generally fed up. And the first thing I saw when I opened the box? A stress ball. I love the irony of it all.
It came from the lovely Indigo and I feel both spoilt and treasured.  Lots and lots of beautiful things- a skein of laceweight from Joyce at Elliebelly, someone else whose life I really, really, really really want, some wool yarn, some all-purpose cotton, and so many goodies. I love it, and above all I love and value the fact that she took the trouble to put this together for me in the midst of her own interesting times.
The fudge, however, did not survive more than an hour. Such things rarely do in this house :)

And the rotten bit? Well, the sourdough is currently rising a bit more before I put it in the oven.  I'm very excited, and very very nervous. This starter's brother and sisters have been round 90% of Swindon before I got my hands on it, and it makes VERY good bread (it originated at Lower Shaw Farm, and their bread is to die for.) If I can't make good bread with it, what does it say about me?

No comments: