Monday, November 12, 2007

Hedgehogs and snouts


Urk. Work is carrying on slowly on all of the knitting, and not one, not two, but three WIPs are in the knitting void. My hedgehog socks are being knit and knit and not getting longer. The longies are stuck on the second leg, and I need the dpns to work on the cardigan I started for bean. And I have snot EVERYWHERE. In my nose, out of my nose, and smeared all over my clothing, for Skye has a cold too.
So, the best things about having a toddler with a cold?
1) She can blow her own nose. It's not always on a tissue, and is occasionally on a blanket or a t-shirt, but she can do it.
2) It's not a nose any more. It's a snout. She snuffles, and so she has a snout. It's so adorable, in a very messy kind of way.
Tonight is the new knitting group at Lower Shaw Farm, and I won't be going, I just don't feel well enough. I love the idea of curling up around the fire with a mug of tea and a slice of cake and some gossip, but really? An early night with a mug of hot ribena and some cinnamon toast is more my style.

No comments: