Monday, September 17, 2007

10 rows a night


No, nothing exciting is happening here. I'm knitting two million trillion billion yards of stockingette stitch (honestly, it's worse than the HP scarf) and you know what the funnest thing is?

My gauge is off. The swatch was right, the cardigan itself is freakily, scarily off. Because the row gauge is worse than the stitch gauge, though, and it's Peace Fleece I reckon I can stick it through the washing machine on a 40 degree wash (maybe even live dangerously and go to 60) and it'll come out wearable. If not, I'll felt it properly and give it to my mother (she of the 34 inch chest. )

And yes, I have now hit the point where I have to make myself do 10 rows a day before I can do something more interesting. I'm sure it'll be lovely when it's finished, though.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

You are a stronger woman than I - every time I resolve to finish what I have OTN before starting something else, I fall off the wagon. Can't wait to see the finished product.