Sunday, June 15, 2008

Chore Wars

I have finally found something on the internet better than ravelry- and no, I'm not talking about foodbuzz, the foodie equivalent. We finally signed up for Chore Wars, and I am finally getting my housework done- slowly, and under protest, but I'm doing it. Why? Well, because a computer gives me stickers and gold and treasure when I do the ironing, the laundry or whatever other mindlessly tedious task presents itself, and that makes me happy.
What makes me unbelievably happy, however, is the fact that my two eldest sons are obsessed with housework as a result :) I can live with this, I tell you...

My Chore Wars character

It doesn't have to be housework- you can use whatever challenges you need to. It's working for us though- long may it last :)

1 comment:

Honey Youngblood said...

What a great idea!! Only I don't think I'd like to see the results--I think Joshua is WAY ahead of me these days, and at the moment, he doesn't know that he can cash in his gold stars!

--Teresa