Saturday, December 01, 2007

Work in progress



I don't know if I mentioned this, but we have a government grant to help provide my FIL with a downstairs bedroom and bathroom, and the builders are working on it at the moment. The whole back of the house is moving back by 4 metres, and our kitchen and bedroom will be out the back, then the current kitchen will be turned into a wetroom. And hopefully, touch wood, all of the work will be finished before our new baby arrives. We're hoping that the kitchen will be done before Xmas.
I'm 31 weeks pregnant now, and enjoying getting big and huge and fat, despite the SPD. Because I'm actually hoping to go post-dates this time (bwahahaha) I'm planning the full-term sweater- I will be casting on on the 9th January, the day that I hit 37 weeks (or possibly on the 1st of January, considering how slowly I'm knitting at the moment.) and the goal is to get a nice snuggly warm jumper out of it before the baby gets here. Like NaNoSweMo, but with more pressure :) I haven't decided on a pattern yet, but I'm considering the Refined Raglan from IWK, because I think the shoulder detail will look pretty good with babywearing devices.
And for those new to the story, Alex was born at 43.5 weeks, Isaac at 37.5 and Skye at 42 weeks, so I think the odds of me pulling this off and getting both kitchen and jumper done in time are good.

No comments: