Sunday, August 26, 2007

Awesomely autumnal socks.



Oh socks, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

1) You're cashmere and silk, and handpainted and beautiful

2) When I started knitting, sock 1 was the perfect colour for autumn leaves and made me feel better about the coming winter. Seasonal knitting is perfection. (I know sock 2 is a different colour. That's because they're made from handpainted yarn.) Sock 2 is the perfect colour for autumn.
3) You fit. Beautifully.
And, erm, yeah. I love you to squishy pieces, socks, and I am desperate for the heatwave to end so that I have an excuse to wear you.
The yarn is Eva 4ply in crabapple from http://www.poshyarn.co.uk and the pattern is Falling Leaves from Knitty, but with the addition of a twisted rib cuff because I have fat legs even when I'm not pregnant.

1 comment:

Honey Youngblood said...

Those socks are beautiful! They make ME feel autumnal, too, and it's still not out of the 90's in Florida!!